Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Stress? Hair Loss?

 

It was a normal Sunday in March, Sunday for me is wash day. So here I am, catching up on YouTube videos and finger detangling as you do before a wash. Finger detangling section by section and I notice the shedding seemed more than usual…much more than usual. A week later I experience the same thing and by this time I’m in shock. Why is my hair shedding like this?

Stress. Stress was the cause of the excessive shedding. The past few months have been good but very busy. So much that I haven’t had as much sleep as I should. I would go to bed thinking about all the things I needed to get done. I was working on 100 without taking time to slow down, rest, eat and drink water properly. How I am I paying for it? Through this hair loss *she whimpers*

WHAT TO DO NEXT...
Ensure you’re getting enough sleep. Rest. It’s so important to take time out to rest and recoup if not you will burn out. Set aside time in the evening to wind down. For me this is usually listening to a an inspirational music. Eat ladies and eat well! Working a 9-5+ means sometimes getting the chance to have a proper meal hardly happens but your health is way more important at the end of the day. Make time for some grub! Also, thinking about all the many things you have to do can cause you to worry = stress and you’ll start to lose sleep. When these thoughts creep in, remind yourself of all the things you DID accomplish that day. Make time to look after your hair Keep up your intake of foods with key vitamins and minerals that contribute to healthy hair growth and your overall well-being. For instance vitamins C and E, B vitamins and loads more – basically keep up a healthy varied diet ladies. I’m finding juicing or making a smoothie a day is helping to ensure I’m getting all the goodness fruit and veg give my body. Exercise – (Still trying to find time to do this…let us know how you get on)

Treat your body well and everything else will flourish with it!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment